Job Title: Education Faculty (ACP & PCP)
Organization: Sunnybrook Centre for Prehospital Medicine / Regional Base Hospital Program
Job Location: 77 Brown's Line, Toronto ON
We are looking for outstanding Advanced Care Paramedics (preferred) and Primary Care Paramedics for the role of Education Faculty. As faculty, you will have the opportunity assist in the development and facilitation of a variety of educational events including CME, return to practice, Ministry of Health (MOH) regional training programs and certification events. Education faculty also perform an integral role in the Continuous Quality Improvement process and are responsible for auditing ACRs/EPCRs. Sunnybrook is committed to providing professional development opportunities to the Education Faculty members.
This position is classified as casual part time.
We are seeking candidates with the following attributes:
• Excellent organizational and teaching skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• A team player with a customer service perspective
• Willingness to travel throughout south central Ontario
Summary of Duties
• Assist in the development and delivery of Base Hospital programs such as CME, return to practice, MOH regional training programs, certification events, maintenance of certification and recertification.
• Assist with the delivery of remedial education where required.
• Review and submit suggestions to improve all educational materials.
• Ensure the competency and skills of paramedics and other providers.
• Ensure that paramedics receive feedback related to clinical performance following each session.
• Facilitate an objective feedback mechanism for paramedics regarding the knowledge translation delivery program.
• Ensure all teaching locations meet recognized health and safety standards.
• Oversee data collection and distribution for approved educational research programs.
• Advise appropriate Manager of Paramedic Practice regarding program improvement opportunities in the area of knowledge translation.
• Participate in mandatory Faculty training events.
• Liaise with the EMS services, paramedics, receiving hospitals, allied agencies, the medical community, and other stakeholders to assist with the program delivery. Attend Sunnybrook Base Hospital instructor training sessions and other meetings as necessary.
• Perform clinical audits of ACRs/EPCRs as part of the Continuous Quality Improvement process.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter no later than January 24, 2018 at 12:00pm
Job Status: Permanent
Contact Name: Reuven Dichter
Contact Phone: 416.667.2200, ext. 202
Contact Email: email@example.com